Saturday, May 3, 2008

Kind of Shocking..

I know this post is going to be really random and just seem .. I dont know what the word is that I am looking for but it just might seem out of place and very surprising coming from me expecially from what all my other posts are like. I have been thinking about this for ever now and I really want to have the Gospel back in my life. I have fallen so far away from the church it makes me really sad. I hate it. I know that it is completely my fault but it really makes me sad. I really want to start going back to church and maybe for once say yes when I am asked to have a church calling. One thing that I loved doing when I first joined Young Womens was going to the Temple and doing Baptisms for the Dead. It was such an amazing experience and such a good feeling knowing you have done that for someone. It is the only time in my life when I have been able to feel the spirit and be completely humbled by it. I want to start going to church and paying my tithing and just have it all back in my life and start becoming a better and happier person. I have set a goal for my self to renew my temple recommend, and to also get my patriarchal blessing. I know.. I know.. Its going to be really hard work and mean making a lot of changes in my life, but I really want to. I have wanted to get my patriarchal blessing for years. I am really excited to work for it and finally get it and have my Heavenly Father back in my Life =)

3 comments:

Jessa said...

holli,
oh sweetheart, you're blog really touched me. I love what you said and I am humbled by your sincerety. I've been there sweetie and making those changes was the best thing I ever did. I can't imagine my life without my strong testimony of the gospel. Feeling the spirit in the temple as you're doing baptisms for the dead is one of the most humbling experiences. I want to extend the invite to you, my friends and I go do baptisms every wed or thurs night each week and we would love for you to come with us! You're such an amazing person Holli and I'm excited to see these wonderful changes happen for you. YOu'll really love having your patriarchal blessing. its brought amazing comfort to me. If you need anything, you know where to reach me :)

Anonymous said...

Holli, you are such a sweetheart. You are one of the most caring sweetest people I have ever met. Heavenly Father loves you so much and is very proud of you. We all make bad decisions(trust me I am the poster child for them!)but he is always there with his arms wide open just waiting for us. You are in my prayers:) and if you ever want to come to church with me you are more than welcome! I love you

Niesha said...

My little holliwood! Just remember in times like these think....some one has done something stupider than me....then think of me...because I am that someone! You don't have that far of a way to go to get on the straight and narrow! Because it is what is in your heart and I think you have a pretty good one!