Monday, May 5, 2008

1 2 3 4...1 2 3 4...1 2 3 4...

Ah!! More OCD!About 5 years ago I developed a little case of OCD and paranoia. I know.. Weird. Let me just go in to detail. My Ocd developed from my paranoia. When I first got sick in 10th grade with mininjitas ( spell check..) I was home alone alot. My dad was still working full time as well as my mom and both of my sisters were in school and I did homeschool.. ( and by home school I mean I had a tutor from the district come to my house or hospital wherever I was come once a week for an hour. If I didn't feel well they didn't come. Ha!) Anyways, So I was home alot and I was always afraid of being kidnapped. So I started just laying out all my medicine by my bed or where ever I was befor I went to bed. In case I got kidnapped I could grab my medicine befor they took me so I would have it with me at all times. (Stop laughing) So.. Come to the present day... 5 years later its 10 times worse. Any one who knows me, knows that if they want to make fun of me and really embarrass me they will tell the store about my " kidnapper clothes" Every night befor I go to bed even if I am at a hotel, a friends house, sleeping on the couch I have to lay out my kiddnapper clothes or else I can not sleep. Litteraly. And its just not a few things its a TON of stuff.. Becuase in my crazy paranoid OCD mind I think that if my kidnapper came to get me then they would be kind enough to let me grab my kidnapper clothes so that I will have clothes with me to be in where ever they may take me.. What!!?? I am crazy! Every night I lay out... A pair of pajama shorts, capri sweats, and long sweats pants. One tank top, one quarter sleeve shirt, one long sleeve shirt, on sweater, one hoodie, and a pair of tube socks, and ankle socks. To top it off.. They must be different clothes each night. Really.. Its a pain but I HAVE to do it. Also.. To continue with the maddness OCD I also have to go and check all of my doors I have to put one hand on the dead bolt and the door knob, push the door to make sure that it is shut and repeat this step 3 times... with all the doors in my house to make sure they are all locked so no one gets in. Now.. These next ones I don't really know what the have to do with the " kidnapping" thing but any time I walk by the fridge I have to push the handle to make sure the fridge door is shut. Anytime I turn on a sink after I turn the water off I have to make my hands into a cup, put them under the focet and make sure that no water touches my hands to make sure that the water is off even though I know that the water is not running anymore. Anytime I leave my bathroom I have to touch all of the outlets in the bathroom to make sure that nothing is plugged in, even though I can clearly see that nothing is plugged in. Also, when I drive away from my house I have to look back at the garage door 3 times to make sure it is shut so that no one can get it. And Something that I have been doing for a very long time now but I just noticed today that I can't get out of my car without doing now is I must touch both door locks, the switch to turn my lights on, and the gear shifter befor I can leave my car. What the heck is wrong with me!! Oh my gosh I need some serious help. Well now that my post about my kidnapper clothes is finally up people will stop bugging me about it haha. And Johanna if you are thinking if I am really going to bring my kidnapper clothes with me to California next week. The answer is yes...yes I am.. I have to. =(.. My parents think it might be medicine that I am on that is making me so crazy with this whole paranoia and ocd thing but.. I dont know what it is but its out of control and is really.. annoying!..But I don't want to be kidnapped.. And if I do.. I need clothes to take with me..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hOlLi!! Ok...I am laughing my shorts off! That post was the best thing that has ever happened to me! You better bring those kidnapper clothes with you! And don't worry...I am SO ocd about my face...you will get to experience this first hand in Cali!