Sunday, March 30, 2008

Get well Soon Me =(

Well on Friday I had my 24th surgery and my 117th IV at the Utah Surgical Center. I was really hoping to be feeling much better by now. When we got to the surgical center at 5:30am I was not feeling good at all I was feeling very nausiated. Not from nerves ... after around the 10th surgery you get over the " pre surgery nerves". Also my stomach was really hurting becuase I was not able to take my pain medicine becuase I was not able to eat or drink anything since mid night the night befor. So I was really hoping that they would call my name soon so that they could get an IV going and give me some medicine. So I get called back and the nurse takes me into the bathroom and gives me my gown and my little brown socks that I L.o.v.e and my little cap that i have to wear on my head and she starts asking me questions like what medications I am allergic to and what medication I am on. And I tell her and the nurse says " So how long have you been on the Methadone?" ( And for those of you who don't know Methadone is a drug that is given to people who are coming off of heroin, or meth, or crazy drugs like that.. but ALSO is given as a pain medication.. The reason that I am taking it) So I said " I have been on it for about 2 weeks" And the nurse says " So your a recovering Adict?".. WHAT!? And I said " No...." And the nurse says " Oh, then what are you taking it for?" And I said " They put me on it for a pain medication for pain control" And the nurse goes " For what?" ( Uh.. Seriously?) So I said " For the problem that I am here for today that they are hopefully going to fix" And the nurse goes " Oh.. ok so your not a recovering addict?" Oh my gosh! So that is my crazy nurse story! And seriously Do I look like a recovering Heroin Addict.. I sure hope not! I mean I know I look ill.. but I hope I don't look like a recovering addict. Anyways so they get me all set up with my Iv and in my bed and they let my mom come back with me and wait while my doctor and the anastesilogist comes in. It was not to long of a wait and then they wheel me in to the Operating room. The Anastesilogist says " Ok Holli, I am going to put some medicine in to your IV now its not the anastesia but it is just something to relax you and most people fall asleep and dont remember anything after this" ... Okay.. So he puts it in and I start talking to him..... And a couple seconds pass and he looks down at me and goes " Your still awake?" Uhh.. Yeah.....? And he goes " Wow! Most people are out with that stuff!" So then he puts the mask over my mouth and nose and then the next thing I remember is waking up screaming " IT HURTS IT HURTS" and wanting to throw up becuase... my stomach hurt. So After 3 things of Demerol and 2 percosets they finally said that I could go home after I went pee to make sure that everything was working alright after being under anastesia.. And Don't worry that It took me about an hour to go pee. How annoying. Anyways, I made it home and really the only thing I remember after coming home is talking to Johanna a little bit. Weird. And now, I still am feeling really crappy my stomach still hurts so bad I want to throw up and its really annoying. So I am going to see the doctor first thing tomorrow morning. Hopefully he will magicially fix me. Cross your fingers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holli! I love you tons and hope that you get feeling better quick!