Thursday, August 21, 2008

Things you should know

While working at this beloved hotel that I look forward to coming to everyday I have come up with a list of things people should know about staying at a hotel so that you don't annoy the front desk person like me. So get your Lisa Frank notebook and your smelly jell pens out and take notes..becuase if you dont...you are never allowed to stay at the Orem Hampton Inn and Suites as long as I work here ( which will probably be the rest of my life) ...here we go.. * Mario Voice*

  • You don't need to come to the front desk to check out. We already have your credit card on file...we took it when you checked in. You signed when you checked in. You got your reciept under your door the morning you checked out. You don't need to come down to the front desk and say " Yeah I need to check out of room ___" and when I say .."(Giving you the stink eye) Did you get a reciept under your door.." and you say " Yes.." Then that is your copy... you don't need to sign it you don't need to bring it down to me and show it to me you don't need to give me your keys.. just go. Thanks.
  • Your room keys do not save your personal information or your credit card information. Its impossible. There is no way for it to be coded into your key. Thats all I am going to say about that. Becuase its stupid for someone to even think that therfore its stupid for me to write about
  • There is no such thing as a " Lost and found" Department. If you leave something in your room...Housekeeping will get it. Ask for housekeeping. Not Lost and found.. no such thing.
  • If you had a problem with maintence, housekeeping, breakfast, or whatever...remember that the person standing at the front desk did not cause the problem. They stand at the desk all day.. they didnt forget to clean your room, they didn't make the pool cold, they didn't make it so you have no hot water for a shower... so don't be so mean to them and take it out on them. Its not fair that just becuase they are standing at the desk they get the brunt of the problem. Not fair at all.
  • Listen to what the person says when they answer the phone. When I say " Thanks for calling the Orem Hampton Inn how can I help you" Its REALLY annoying when you say " Uh.. yeah is this the Orem Hampton Inn?"..Yeah just said that!
  • If a Travel Agent books your room and when you come to check in your reservation is all screwed up..remember that your TRAVEL AGENT booked the room. The hotel does not even see your reservation until the day you check in. They don't do anything with your reservation until you are physcially standing there getting checked in. So say perhaps you wanted a non smoking room and you were booked a smoking room... the hotel did not do that... your travel agent made the reservation.. so get made at your dumb travel agent who booked you the wrong room.. not the hotel... not the front desk person... be nice to us!!
  • Just because you booked your room 4 months in advance does not mean you are entitled to a 8am check in. I don't care when you booked your room.. check in is at 3pm... Thanks bye!
  • When making a reservation.. The person your talking to on the phone does not need to know your life story about why you need a reservation.. or when asking for a late check out they dont need to know why you need a late check out. Ask your question, make your reservation or whatever .... thats it.
  • It is really rude when you are walking by the desk and you have a question and you can clearly see the desk agent is talking to someone on the phone but you continue to start asking your question to the person anyway while they are still on the phone.. they can't talk to 2 people at once... wait your turn THEY ARE ON THE PHONE!

Well honestly I could go on and on with this list but its just making me think about everything that I hate about my job so I am just going to leave it at that.

No comments: