Saturday, August 2, 2008

Attention to: Mono


"Mononucleosis (often called "mono") is an infection caused by the Epstein-Barr virus. Signs of mono include fever, sore throat, headaches, white patches on the back of your throat, swollen glands in your neck, feeling very tired and not feeling hungry. "

Dear Mono



Though I have enjoyed your company these past 3 months I am ready to say goodbye to you. You first spotted me when I was in the hospital having surgery. I don't know why you chose me. I was already very sick as it was and had already had 2 surgerys in less then a week. Great Timing. Thanks. I guess you were kind enough to wait to let me know you that you had gotten in me and started showing your symptoms a few weeks later. That is so like you Mono. You have to get yourself set up and comfortable in someone and then you start showing your symptoms about a month later. Real nice of you. It was fun at first to have you around when I could sleep all day long and no one could tell me to get out of bed becuase I have you. It was also fun when someone I dislike asked me to get them a fork and I licked it befor I gave it to them in hopes of passing you on to them. Oh and also It was a REAL joy having you with me while I was in California at Disneyland. I expecially loved when you made me want to do nothing but pass out and sleep the rest of the day after just walking across the parking lot of the hotel and getting on the shuttle to go to Disneyland... That really took it out of me and I had not even entered the Magical Kingdom yet. My dear friend I think its time for us to part ways. Sometimes I think that you have left me for good and then you suddenly make it clear that you have not parted with me yet. I thought I was feeling better and then Mono you just had to make me so tired the past 2 weeks. So tired that while at work I could just lay down on the floor and sleep, and when I get home all I do is sleep until its time to go to bed. You make me so tired that my body aches. You make it so hard just to get up and eat something becuase I am so tired. In fact... you make it so I don't want to eat at all. I guess I can thank you for that Mono, you have made me not have any appetite what so ever so I am not so much of an oinker. Mono, maybe we could be friends if you would only make me tired but you have to keep bringing your other friends in me to party without my permission. Last night for example you just invited your friends Sore throat, Headache, Coughing, and Body Aches over to party with you and it is really making me feel miserable. Please make them leave. How would you like it if I just invited my friends PINNACILIN and PREDNISONE to come over and play. Well. I guess it would not matter becuase for you Mono there is no cure. You are helpless. I am told to just let you run your course becuase you can not be treated with drugs. Why must you be so difficult? I have been a great hostess to you.. I have given you plenty of rest, fluids, kept your friend fever down with Tylenol and I have not eaten anything that is unhealthy for you becuase you make it so I don't want to eat at all. Mono I hate to tell you this but you have overstayed your welcome. They said you could last months befor you completely ago away but I am ready to say goodbye to you now. I usually hate goodbyes but I think in this case it won't be hard. You chose to join me when I was already sick and right befor summer. Needless to say you have made my summer not so enjoyable. I never want to do anything. I have missed alot of baseball games.. and thats a big deal. When I do go I lay on my moms lap and sleep.. and I only stay a few innings.. See what you have done to me Mono? Thats not fair. I have been nothing but nice to you and have tried to treat you so well. Please move on and find a new body to live in. You are no longer welcome in mine. I don't know why you have stayed so long with me. I don't even know how you got in. You are also known as the " Kissing diease" but when you worked your way into my body I had not kissed anyone for months and months. I would not be so upset with you if I had gotten you that way becuase then at least I would have been having fun while getting you =) Hehe. But no..You just set your little eyes on me at the hospital and said to your self " Self she doesnt look miserable enough I think I will pick her to spread my love to" Well I don't want your love anymore. I am sick of you. You need to leave. I don't want to feel tired all the time and I no longer want to have suprises like returning sore throats and headaches becuase of you anymore. Please pick a new body to play in. Preferably a body of someone I dislike. I will give you some names if need be. Thank you for spending so much time with me but I am afraid we need to go our seperate ways. I am not going to lie to you Mono and tell you its me and not you... becuase it most deffinitaly is you not me. I can't have you dragging me down anymore. You make me feel like crap and you are just so indecisive one week you just want to make me tired and then the next you spring on these surprises like bringing back Sore throat, Headaches, and Body aches. This needs to stop. I don't want you anymore. Don't take this the wrong way.. but your not a whole lot of fun.

Best wishes. The person whos body you are taking over,
Holli Ridley

No comments: