Thursday, June 26, 2008

Story of Brand New

So I have this friend named Brantley. Come to think about it I havent seen Brantley in like 4 years. Wonder how he's doin? He makes me laugh. I miss him. Anyways, we were hanging out one day and we were in my room and he opened my stereo to see what I had been listening to. Here is how the convo went down.

B-rant: Holli.. what the hell is this?

Me: What the hell is what?

B-rant: BOYZ MEN??


***Okay pause.. laugh all you want.. But that Motown Philly will always be the Bomb dot com...Lets continue.

Me: Hey shut up you jerk.

He then continued to laugh at me. Rude


So then like 4 days later Brantley came to visit me agian and had 2 CDs in his hand and he said " Here Holli, since your music sucks I made you some CD's of a band that is actually GOOD and I think you will really like called Brand New."

Me: Okay whatever jerk. I don't want to listen to your stupid music.


So the Cd's sat in my car forever and ever and I continued to listen to my motown philly boys and Britney Spears. When this all took place I had this friend named Sam. Sam and I were such drama queens and the drama just followed us around seriously we were always involved in some type of trouble. We had just gotten into this huge fight or something.. probably not a fight we probably just realized that the 2 boys named Trent and Cale didn't want anything to do with us inless they were bored and wanted to make out (We were stupid girls...I guess I still kind of am. Ha! I kid I kid... ) So we were in bad moods and decided to just drive around and listen to angry music. She started going through my Cd's and found the Brand New Cd's and said " OMG I hope this has that one song on it!!!" "Uhm okay whatever" I said. She turned on this song called Sic Transit Gloria...Glory Fades. And still to this day whenever I am in a bad mood and all I want to do is drive around and listen to loud music like I have been the past 4 days I listen to that song on repeat. Its not really an angry song its actually about having sex for the first time its just loud. And I love it. I started to listen to all the songs on those Cd's after that night and most of the songs are actually melow and I love them so much! I had not listened to them for a couple years now and so I decided to put the Cd in my car last week and I have not taken it out. They are seriously my new favorite ever. Probably even more then Yellowcard. I know.. Tough one to beat but I think they did it. Go them go. Everyone go listen to Brand New. Uh Mazing! And I love! And now you will always think of me whenever you listen to them Hehe =) I love all of their songs but my favorite for the week is called " The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot" Here are the lyrics.


If it makes you less sadI will die by your hand I hope you find out what you want I already know what I am And if it makes you less sad We'll start talking again And you can tell me how vile I already know that I am


I'll grow old And start acting my age I'll be a brand new day In a life that you hate A crown of gold A heart that's harder than stone And it hurts a whole lot But it's missed when it's gone


Call me a safe bet I'm betting I'm not I'm glad you that can forgive Only hoping as time goes You can forget


If it makes you less sad I'll move out of the state You can keep to yourself I'll keep out of your way And if it makes you less sad I'll take your pictures all down Every picture you paint I will paint myself out It's as cold as a tomb And it's dark in your room When I sneak to your bed To pour salt in your wounds So call it quits Or get a grip Say you wanted a solution You just wanted to be missed


Call me a safe bet I'm betting I'm not I'm glad that you can forgive I'm only hoping as time goes You can forget So you can forget You can forget


You are calm and reposed Let your beauty unfold Pale white like the skin Stretched over your bones Spring keeps you ever close You are second hand smoke You are so fragile and thin Standing trial for your sins Holding onto yourself the best you canYou are the smell before the rain You are the blood in my veins


Call me a safe bet I'm betting I'm not I'm glad that you can forgive I'm only hoping as time goes You can forget.

1 comment:

Meagen Ridley said...

I LOOOOOVE BRAND NEW!!! But not the new brand new...their new stuff is kinda sucky....soo I LOOOOVE old brand new!!!