Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Ode To Teenage Summers

Its summertime. Well Kind of. Its Freaking June 4th and I wore my winter coat to work this morning. Whatever. Anyways. Yesterday driving home from work I was on State Street. Maybe I wasn't driving home from work.. I don't take State home. Oh well.. Sometime yesterday for some reason I was on State Street. I am at a stop light and I look to my left and there is a car full of girls in their swimming suits and cute summer clothes cruising State. This was very upsetting to me. Althought I love when I see people cruising..All the windows rolled down listening to Britney Spears and dancing in the car.. it makes me sad becuase I want to be back doing that. I miss those Teenage Summer Days and Nights. I hate being an adult. Being responsible. Working. It sucks. I would give anything to be back in school and to be on my Summer Vacation right now. Here are some things I miss about being 17 or Any "teen" age and it being Summertime.
  • Staying up until 4am..Or all night and then going cheer practice at 6 am then coming home and sleeping all day.
  • Sleeping in
  • Laying out all day and not getting ready until 7pm to go out for the night.
  • Telling mom and dad that I am over at Sam's house.... I was at Cale's.
  • Car Chalking =)
  • Cruising State Street
  • Finding cute boys on State Street and meeting up with them at the Walker Wendys or Holiday. ( Its surprising I did not get raped as a teenager!)
  • Going out for late night drink runs
  • Sleepovers on Trampolines
  • Going to Tyler's house to jump on his trampoline
  • Telling mom and dad that Mary and I were just going over to her house... We were never at her house.
  • Drive Bys! (You know who I am talking about!!)
  • The Week of 4th of July. Yes not just the day. The entire week.
  • Sneaking out of Sam's house...To visit Cale
  • Telling Alex, Ben, and Derick to stop calling me at 3am and telling me that they were outside my bedroom window.
  • Not letting Alex, Ben, and Derick in my room when I discovered they really were...outside my window...What a bunch of pervy little freaks!
  • Scooter Rides with Honky and Safety Boy!
  • Dancing all crazy like in my car!
  • Making out with random boys. I mean... what!
  • Sitting outside talking all night
  • Eating nothing but Cafe Rio
  • My Parents trying to give us a curfew.. and then laughing at them.
  • Opening day of Snow Shacks!!! Yes!!!
  • Snow cones every day!!
  • Pulling the hair on top of my head with sun glasses on look...everday...
  • Sunburns!
  • Summerfest. Not just the parade and fireworks.
  • Movie nights. Everyone under one blanket!
  • Sleeping outside in the tent.
  • Sleeping outside not in the tent.
So that is just a few things. I am getting depressed writting this becuase I want to be having a summer like those agian.. Instead I am here at work.. where I will be every day this summer being an adult. What a bust. I believe John Mellencamp said it best in Jack and Diane..
Gonna let it rock Let it roll
Let the Bible Belt come and Save My Soul
Hold on to 16 as long as you can
Changes come around real soon
Make us Women and Men.

4 comments:

Meagen Ridley said...

That is a GOOD song....

sunni said...

hahahahah Drive bys in the mini van... I was wondering if you were going to put that on this list! hahah such good times!! I would go back to my junior year summer before senior year I think it is! SO much fun!! Blast from the past for sure! And I am such a loser!

Ben and Stacy said...

I miss teenage summers too...I feel your pain Holli.

Mary and Eric Francis said...

haha Its so true the only time we went to my house was if Internet was down at your place.. we had to be able to get into our fake vicki msn accounts lol!...Eric was like oooo really out with your boys huh... Um no Holli and I seemed to like ditching out on guys thats summer! hee hee good times!