Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Idaho Falls

Yesterday I returned from our trip to Idaho Falls. I returned to a shitty job that I hate, working with people that I hate, cold weather that I hate and a dirty room with a lot of dirty laundry to do. Oh and I have to go back to driving my POS stupid ugly car. Its VERY SAD when I come home and I say to myself " I want to go back to IDAHO FALLS"...sad...very...sad... Anyways, the trip was fun. I went with my mom Julie and Gentry. We actually did alot of things while we were up there. Usually we just go to the games but this year we did alot of stuff! Baseball games, The Zoo, BEAR WORLD ( which was Uh mazing!) We watched a new movie every night, shopping and lots of fun stuff! Whenever I go on trips I don't really know how to blog about it. I want to post all of my pictures and tell everything about each one but when other people do that on their blogs and I read ALL about it.. I just get bored and think I DONT CARE!... But... Work is stupid and boring and I have nothing else to do so I am going to post about every thing I did on my trip.. and you will read it and you will like it! ( "Now you will go to sleep or I will put you to sleep!" 10 points to whoever names that movie) Uhh Here We Go!! * Mario Voice*

The second day we were there we went to Bear World. Its like a 20 minute trail thing you drive through and you see REAL BEARS! And they are RIGHT NEXT to your car. It is so freaking cool! They are so cute and HUGE! We got to watch them eat and play with eachother! I will only post a few pictures of the bears becuase we took about 40 and I doubt you all want to see ALL of them. ( Sorry I only have the ones that I have on my phone here at work with me so you don't really get to see how close they REALLY were!
Afterwards we went to a petting zoo. Besides thinking I was going to get Head Lice the entire time from the Animals it was really cool. I got to pet little Goats and a fat ass pig that was discusting and the cutest little Deer ever! Little Bambis! It was really neat I just could not leave the deer I thought they were so amazing.

We also went to the Zoo there. It wasn't very big but it was really fun, I had not been to the zoo since I was in 1st Grade! Good old Hogal Zoo field trip! =) .. We had alot of people come to the Zoo with us that day so it made it even funner having a big group with us! Why none of us thought to take a picture of our group though is kind of dumb. Oh well! My favorite animals at the Zoo were the Monkeys and Zebras! The Zebras were Beautiful and the Monkeys ...OMG...Cutest damn things I have ever seen, they were so playful! I wanted to take one home and put him in a diaper and call him Huggies! And teach him Sign Language! Not that I know it thouugh.. Hmm. I won't post pictures of all the animals becuase everyone has seen a monkey befor... and this post is already going to be a Novel as it is.. So you just get to see pictures of our cute faces becuase you can't get enough of that!


Alright so apparently those are the only 2 pictures I have from the Zoo that were not of animals. Sweet man. Ok moving on with the high lights of the trip. I ordered my first beer while we were there! I don't drink so I obviously did not drink it. I just ordered it and got carded it was so official and awesome! And then I gave the beer to one of the players. I am sure he enjoyed it =).. The waitress though I was crazy but do I care? Uh.. No not so much.




Every year when we go to Idaho its tradition that we make shirts with our players last names on the back to support them. Well this year was a little different. My mom and Julie supported the players but mine and Gentry's were a little bit differently. Mine had something to do with a certain player but I am not going to tell the story behind my shirt becuase I don't know who all reads this blog... ( by that I mean the player who I am secretly getting married to and he is who my shirt was made for!) but if you would like the story e-mail me at holli.ridley@Yahoo.com its actually a very funny story! We got all dressed up in our shirts and we even had no glare black eye strips on underneath out eyes and our baseball socks... we were HARDCORE! ( Look at how cute my mom is!)

The very first night we were there at the game it was Military Appreciation night. There was all this awesome ARMY stuff there and then befor they sang the National Anthem they had about 15 Soldiers get sworn in on the field. It was EXTREMELY hard for me to watch becuase well.. I won't go into it and most of you know why it was hard for me to watch but I started crying like a baby. I had to get up and leave but Gentry was such a good friend she gave me a hug and comforted me. Thanks Gentry for making me feel better =)

During the last game on Sunday is was an afternoon game that started at 2pm. When we got there it was SO BLOODY hot I got a sunburn we were sweating and miserable. In the 5th inning a HUGE storm came in and it started POURING rain. Thunder and Lighting and all! I was LOVIN it! They ended up calling the game becuase the storm was only getting worse and worse and was covering all of Idaho and Utah so it was obviously not going to clear up. They had to follow the rules and wait it out a Half hour befor the could call it so while we were waiting we had fun bundeling up in our blankets and coats becuase it was so cold and played in the rain!!



I will post just a few more of my favorite pictures from the trip! I have about a million other pictures and stories I could share but I will only share the highlights =) Thanks Mom and Julie for taking me up with you I had a lot of fun with you guys I love you mom! Thanks Gentry for deciding to come with us I had so much fun with you Hun! I would have been lost driving around Idaho Falls with out you=)


(PS..The only reason why we are wearing CHUKARS shirts in those pictures are because they gave them out for blackout night they asked us to wear them becuase they were taking a picture of the stadium from an airplane of everyone with those shirts on.. The rest of the time we were sporting our Owlz Gear.. TRUST!

2 comments:

tHe GrAy Fam said...

Holli! Your hair is so cute!! I especially love it at the zoo! haha.. random! But cute!

Steven said...

I win 10 points..... HAPPY GILMORE!