Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Summer.. Why are you leaving?

Summer use to be so exciting. Looking forward to the last day of school. Going out all night playing with your friends. Going to bed whenever you feel like it and then sleeping in late. I loved waking up around 11:00 and then laying out by the pool all day. Not getting ready for the day until around 7pm right befor you go out agian for the night. There is a feeling I use to get during the summertime. The feeling of freedom and being carefree. Not having to get up and go to work everyday, pay bills, no school, nothing.. just Fun! Summer use to be fun. Now.. when your an adult and have to be responsible... Summer time changes nothing. The only thing that is different is the weather outside and the speed limit you can drive in School Zones.

The weather changes to the crisp cold air that makes my body ache. It is depressing looking outside to see nothing but bare trees and the yards no longer covered with flowers and green grass but now dried up leaves and yellow grass. There is a certain smell of Fall and a feeling I get of being sad and depressed. I don't know how to explain it. I know that in just a few short months we will be back into freezing bitter cold weather. My body achy and miserable hardly able to move. Snow on the ground and my pant legs getting wet everytime I walk outside. Having to warm my car up befor driving to work and driving in slush.( And I am in big trouble now that the heater in my car is bRoKeN!) I hate it... I dread it. Fall and winter make me lonely and I don't know why. There is no difference being lonely and depressed in the summer time then there is the fall. Maybe because in the summertime I am more willing to go out and do something where it is warm outside. In the winter it is much to cold to go out and do anything so I would rather stay inside and be bored. I don't know.
Here is my wandering bored brain taking over and me looking back at this summer and what all I have done. Like I said it started out alot better then it ended. So here we go... Hollis summer in about 7 sentences.. yes.. it really was that exciting....
Oh Summertime.. Remember when Me and Johanna went to California in May? We enjoyed 6 awesome days at Disneyland and California Adventure. Not waiting in any lines at all... just an advantage of being Sick you get the handicapped pass =)... California was so much fun we were worry free and not working at this damn hotel. We had an awesome time riding rides and shopping. Even though I had mono and was so tired every day I had a blast. I wish I could go and do it agian. It was the first vacation I had in a while and it was worth spending my entire tax return on! Not having a dime left! Click HERE to read about some of our trip!



Remember when baseball started? Even though I have not been as into it as I have been in years past it was still fun going to the games, getting to know the team and the players that lived with us and traveling up to
IDAHO for the away games. I love spending time with my SUMMER FAMILY and being at a place that I love watching a sport that I love. No better sound then hearing a ball hitting a bat. Here are the 3 Players that lived with us this Summer

Trevor Pippen Beau Brooks Buddy Boshers
Remember when I fell in love? It had to end and that sucked but it was amazing, and I have never been happier. And thats all I am going to say about that.
Remember when I found out I was going to be an AUNT! Yay! That was so excited! I know its early to be announcing becuase anythign can happen. But still its very exciting news!
Now that summer is officialy over and baseball is wrapping up I was going to think write about some things that I am looking forward to in the next couple months...
...
...
.....
.......
...........
Nope! I got nothin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with ya 100% with the fall winterness...I HATE it! It gives me anxiety and panic attacks. And California was so deluxe...we should move somewhere tropical for the winter months...yes?