Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Job Hunter


It makes me so sad to leave such a truly wonderful, giving, and amazing job. But the time has come for me to leave the hotel. It makes me sad to leave a place that has such good and helpful managers who are willing to step up and help out. Who makes their days all about their employees. The managers who never talk about private things in front of others. To leave a hotel where I just adore the people I work with is truly heartbreaking. Working at a hotel where the guests NEVER complain or yell is just un heard of but it never happends at the Hampton. No favortism or gossip happends it is truly a magical place to work. The time has come for me to leave the hotel... The reasons arelisted above. ( Hopefuly you all caught on to the sarcasim there.)
I have had a few interviews but none of them were what I was looking for. On Friday I had an interview with a Law Firm. The interview was going really well I was not nervous at all. Here is how the conversation went that made my stomach drop.
Interviewer: So obviously this is a law firm, We work with a collections agency called Moutain Land Collections.
Me: ( Thinking to my self) Shit.
So, the interview went on and I did not say anything about the fact that I owe this collections agency thousands of dollars. I finished the interview and I went home. By the time I got home they had called me and offered me the job. It is a really good job, $10.00 an hour ( Might not sound like a lot but compared to what I am making at the hotel thats like hitting the jackpot in Vegas) full benefits including health insurance ( Which I have none right now.)
While I was talking to her on the phone after she had offered me the job and gave me my start date I explained my situation. I am in a lot of debt becuase of medical bills. Unfortinitally a lot of those bills have been sent to collections and the collections agency is the one you work with. I understand if this is a conflict of interest and not something that you would be able to do.
Thanks for letting us know we will keep looking. Bye Holli
Alright sweet man. So that kind of popped my bubble. I was really disspointed but then that night I checked my e-mail and I got an offer to be a medical transcriptionist . I would type up dictations from doctors about patients. I would work from home and they would send me tapes that I would type up and send back to them in the patients files. It makes a crap load of money. I did a sample dictation for them and I kicked its ass and it was accepted so I am just waiting to hear back from them with more information and an application I have to fill out. So everyone cross their fingers for me becuase I really want it! My fingers are so speedy on a keyboard I think I could do it really well! Now.. if only I could spell.

2 comments:

Bensons said...

Was the law firm Quinn Koffords office? ..I used to work for them HaHa.
AND how did you get a medical transcription job working from home with no schooling?! I finally broke down and am taking two courses so I can do that. I wish I could have been as lucky as you and just got a job without going to school!
Some people have all the luck! ;)
If they are hiring more people to do that please let me know HaHa. :)

Good luck in your new job! You'll do great!
*Luvs2u*

Niesha said...

My Step-mom does that and it is so nice because she can set her own hours... I wish I could do that!