Monday, June 1, 2009

40 Year Old Mathletes

There is a bunch of NERDS here at the hotel. They are here for some Math convintion at BYU. Its horrible. I have to stand at the desk and listen to them talk about their backpacks and e mail accounts. They asked if there was any computer gamer places around here they could go to. Now I am listening to a conversation about a Zombie X Box game that you use sunflowers for sunlight and watermelons for bombs. Uh... WHAT? Sick.


....Akward. . . .Anyway.

So anyone who knows me knows that I have a problem with people leaving me. Anyone who I have ever gotten close to, loved, anything like that. They. All. Leave. Me! Now you know why I no longer get close to anyone, I have trust issues, and I have a Great Wall of China around me and I let no one in.



And now, Its time for someone very close to me to leave me again.


I met Brendon when he started working the Front Desk at the Hotel. Brendon is such an amazing person and means so much to me. He leaves this Wednesday for his mission. He is going to Philly. He is going to make such an amazing missionary I am so excited for him. Things that he has done for me such as, coming over at midnight to give me a blessing because I was so sick and scared. Coming to visit me in the hospital, letting me talk to him when I need advice, Teaching me things about the church and the gospel. He gave me such an amazing Christmas gift that has helped me so much but I will blog about that another time. Those are just a few of his amazing traits that are going to make him a great missionary. He has such a good spirit about him and I am going to miss him so much. He is such a good friend and a great person with such a strong testimony. He will never know how much he has helped me this past year, and he is going to help so many and touch so many lives while he is away in Philly.


On Sunday Meagen and I drove up to Bountifull to go to his Farewell. His talk was so good it blew me away. He did an amazing job. There was SO MANY people there. When they were passing the sacrament they had to go and refill the waters 5 different times, they had the 2 big doors that people come threw open and there was people in chairs all the way threw those doors and down the halls. It was amazing. He is amazing I am going to miss him so much. There was a few other people that drove up from work to his Farewell as well. We were able to take some pictures with him after. In the first picture below it goes from right to left : Katerina, Yours truly ME, Emily, Dennis, and Andy...









Also this weekend Meagen and I were given tickets to go see a Thunder Football game. . . It was fun but I have issues with this whole " Indoor Football" game. My first and biggest issue is.... that its SO DUMB!.. Its not real football. Its only real football when there is a field big enough that makes it a challenge to run to the end of it. This 50 yard football field is ridiculous. Bunch of pansies. They didn't even play with a real Pigskin football (III know your all impressed that I knew that) was really stupid. The fact that some of them don't even wear real football pants with pads they just wear basketball shorts its stupid... Only for the reason that boys with football pants on are nice to look at. Now, I have not danced for about 5 years now but I am pretty sure that their dancers the "Thunderbolts" are seriously lame. If they get paid to do what they do.. and by that I mean do 3 MAYBE 4 25 second dances and 1 cheer the entire game... be the easiest job ever. And I can say that rude comment because I was a dancer and a cheerleader for many years and I know the hard work that goes into but come on. They were seriously lame. The fact that I had to listen to some fruit loop sing " I'm proud to be an American" during half time was .....weird...

Funny thing that happened this weekend. On Saturday night before we left for the football game Meagen text messaged me and said " Do not wear your pink flowey shirt because I am wearing it in white." Okay. Thats fine. She comes to pick me up.. Different outfits but our hair is exactly the same. So then on Sunday our hair is different but wearing the same thing. Pink skirts white shirts. Ha. We are funny.

1 comment:

McKenna said...

You look really beautiful!

I'm sad that one of your good friends is leaving, (but good that's it's on a mission and not leaving you as in: leaving your friendship.) I totally know how you feel though, everyone who I make friends with here leaves after 1-3 years. It's depressing. I'm at a time now where I don't have any real life friends. Only cyber space buddies. Poopey!

Yeah, I agree on the indoor soccer thing. It's nothing like real soccer and people shouldn't be paid for a recrational activity.