Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Uh.. kodak moments?







Before I had the trial interstem unit placed in my back because I was not peeing my bladder got so big and distended that I litteraly looked like I was 9 months pregnant. There was a pharmacist who would not fill my perscription because he said I could not be taking it because I was pregnant. I had guests at work ask me how old I was because I looked to young to be pregnant. I was huge.

We took pictures because some days it would be bigger then others so we took the pictures so that we could show the doctor how bad it had gotten. Well, my mom decided to post pictures of me as a freaking fatty fatty 2 by 4 on her blog so I decided that I would just go ahead and post them.






I know how discusting is that?
Anyway... we also obviously took pictures of the stem unit I had to wear... I was suppose to wear it all the way until yesterday ( Monday) but I was so uncomfortable and I felt gross because I couldnt get my back wet so the showers I got to take really did not make me feel clean.. One of the wires started to come out a little bit so we called the Doctor and they just walked us threw how to take them out ourselvs so that is what we did on Friday night. It was almost as scary as the procedure. Having your mom rip out to 18" inch wires that have a thick metal piece connected to it that is sitting on your nerves not even a half an inch away from your spine is a little terrifying. And when you pull them out your nerves freak out its horrible. . My surgery is on Monday and before the surgery I have to go threw that procedure of them sticking the wires and needles in my back and finding the right nerves then they will put me to sleep and they will surgically implant the wire and the little pace maker type thing. Ya.. I'm really looking forward to it......




Here is my little pretend surgical room...... Next week I will be in an actual Operating Room at the surgical center and will be completely under when they go in to implant the device. They will keep me awake threw the beginning of it when they go threw the procedure of finding the right nerves. I have to tell them where I feel it so that they know they are in the right spot. But BELIEVE ME when I say that this time they WILL NOT FORGET TO GIVE ME THE VALIUM FIRST! I have already started the requests of being highly medicaded before they put me to sleep. Wish me Luck on surgery number 31!


This is what the test one looked like




Yeah Don't mind all the blood and discusting bedadine.. Remember I couldn't shower.





This is what I had to wear on my hip for those days.. It was connected to the wires in my back and I could control how high the electricity on my nerves was. The unit that they will place inside me on my hip will be the same thing but only much smaller and round and it will only have 1 wire connected to my nerves instead of one on each side. I will be able to control the electricity on that one with a little remote.

1 comment:

Jeff and Darlene said...

Good luck and if you need anything let me know.