Thursday, May 28, 2009

omg

Ohhh..... myyyyyyyy.......GU.


When I was in the hospital for Renal Failure from not peeing for a week straight the urologist explained to me how there is a stint .. more like a pacemaker they can insert to help me go pee. This is how he explained it.


" Well its just like a little round battery that goes right underneath your thigh we place it in you threw surgery. But first we do a test one to make sure it works and you wear it on your hip for a week. How we know it works is if your foot moves."


Im not sure if it was the demerol that just gave me selective hearing or if it was because this was suppose to be a last resort thing so they didn't really go into detail.


Well they should have gone into detail. They should have told me that threw this "test" there would FOUR 9 inch needles sticking out of me not even an inch away from my spine. Or that during this "test" that I would have 4 huge holes in my back that has live wire comming out of them that I can not get wet... so no showers.


Or that they would be keeping me completely awake and alert so that when they turn the electricity up on the wires in my back I could tell them if I felt it or not. They offered the valium at the END of the procedure. Alotta good thats going to do me then. And because they didn't offer the valium until the end of it I was screaming and crying threw out the entire thing.


And one BIG thing they should have told me is that their procedure room in their office was already packed away for their move, so they would be doing this in the old physical therapy room. a HUGE EMPTY room surrounded by MIRRORS people walking in and out carpet is coming up off the floor.. wallpaper coming off the walls... yeah.. real sterile! Real comforting!


So, I'm wearing the little stent on my hip. My back itches from all the wires and tape and everything else on. I feel discusting because I can shower but I can't really shower like normally. I had all my hair chopped off last night so I wouldn't feel as gross. But good news!

I can pee!

So because this is working they now know what it is that is keeping my kidneys flushing properly and my bladder working. Nerve Damage. Nerve Damage from what you may ask? Oh the 5 laporoscopys and D and C's I have had in the past 3 years. So they are doing surgery on June 8th to place the little pacemaker in my permentley.

And it goes in my hip not underneath my thigh. Must have been the demerol.

2 comments:

Niesha said...

You are such a tough cookie! There is no way I could go through that....but then again you can pee...so yeah!!!!!! Miss you!

Kacee said...

I never thought I'd be congratulating someone for being able to pee, but..... Congratulations! I'm sorry it was hell trying to find the solution but at least you have one now. Please let me know if you need anything. As always, you are in my prayers.