Friday, January 22, 2010

Knees, needles, and fluid Oh My!

About 9 years ago when I was on a crusie with my family I hurt my left knee. I have no idea what I did to it nothing it just started hurting really bad and each day it got bigger and bigger. While driving home from California I had to sit in the middle seat so that I could keep my leg straight becuase it was to big to even bend it. When we got home I went to see an ortho doctor and did some X rays and an MRI and he said that I had torn my miniscus. It wasnt bad enough that I needed surgery or anything just was on crutches for a few weeks and did some Physical Therapy and that was it. Still to this day I have absolutely no idea what I did to it.

It never really bothered me until about 3 months ago it swelled up for like 3 days and I couldnt walk on it but after I iced and elevated it it was fine and I didn't really worry about it. But then it happened again like 2 weeks ago but the swelling was 10 times worse and it hurt soooo bad! I thought that if I just did the same thing, ice, elevate blah, blah, blah it would go away. But when it continued to get bigger and bigger I finally decided it was time to go to the insta care.





The doctor took one look at it and said " You need to be seen by an ortho doctor asap!... He drained all the fluid out of it and after the fluid was out I tried to walk on it and every time I put pressure on it it now POPS.. pop pop pop POP!


It hurts really bad and quit frankly I am getting sick of my leg not looking like it has no knee at all its so swollen. My leg is just thigh and calf. I  have a Thalf. Ha.

Anyway, so the insta care doctor said that there is a very good possiblity that I may be having surgery on my knee to get a scope of it and see whats going on and to clean it up. Clean the minisucs and the cartlidge thats floating around in there. If I have this surgery this will be my 32nd surgery in 7 years. Lets see how fast my insurance will deny this surgery too. My appoitment is on Tuesday..  Yeah I'm really looking forward to this.

1 comment:

Jeff and Darlene said...

I am so sorry!!! I wish I could help you more than anything. IF there is anything I can bring you let me know. I love baking, haha. Its true so if you ever crave something ask away. <3