Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Holli the Builder

(Like Bob the Builder..Get it..? Ha.)
Monday night was the Hampton Inn Christmas Party. Every year we have dinner then we do a raffel where every employee gets a gift. There is gifts from free nights stays at different hotels to mens underwear. I really did not want to go this year. My mom was not going becuase she is still really sick with Phenomia. Meagen could not go with me becuase she was sick. Do I have any boys or friends to call and say " Hey!? Wanna be my date to my Christmas Party?" No.. I don't. I think that is why I was in such a bad mood becuase frankly I had no intrest in being around anyone from work anymore then I had to, and I never have a Date to this Christmas party like everyone else does. ( Yes I know. Boo Hoo Holli.).... So where was I... Oh yes. Bad mood. So I came home from work and my dad said that he was going to take me to the Christmas Party. I Know... How sweet is my dad? Daddy Daughter Date!

So when we got to the party of course nothing was set up or ready ( Hampton Party Tradition) And it started 45 minutes late. So as my Dad and I were sitting in our traditional table in the very back corner in the room away from everyone waiting for my friend Brendon and his date to come in and be Back Row Bettys with us I went to show him the gift that I REALLY wanted to win.

Now.. This gift has been at the Hotel for about 2 weeks now. We had a few of them and we gave them to some of our Corporate Clients for Christmas Gifts. The first time I saw it I let EVERYONE know that if they won it at the party I would trade ANYTHING for it. I wanted it SO bad!!! But there was also someone else who wanted it.. Cough... Emily.. Cough

Are you ready for this?
Its a Took Kit... thats PINK!!!... I know right? How awesome is that? Not that I know what any of the tools are or how to use them and lets face it.. what the hell would I use a tool kit for besides leaving it in my car in case something ever happened.... I would have something to give to the poor sucker I roped in the helping me try and fix my car but... its PINK!!

So we ate dinner and then the raffle started. We got are tickets with the number and they give the first gift out. Then they pick up the second gift to give away and my boss says " This next gift is a gift that a few people have caused a stir about... holli......" Everyone looked over to me and of course I wasn't paying attention.. Then he said Pink Tool Kit and my head went straight to him...Hehe. So he called out the number 309.. I looked at my ticket and litteraly yelled " SHUT UP!!!" Everyone started laughing at me but I didn't care becuase I won the damn Took Kit! I never win ANYTHING! Yay for me!!
There was a certain someone cough.. emily... cough who tried trading her Tucanos Gift Certificate for my Tool Kit... Sorry Emily but that wasn't a good idea to offer that to a vegitarian..

1 comment:

McKenna said...

What a cute Daddy! And Yay, for the pink tool kit. I love it! As well, I feel like I never win anything either. Maybe you can now rub some of your luck on me :).