Thursday, March 5, 2009

Join The Movement


For those of you who don't know my mom has Multiple Sclerosis. You can read her story HERE.
Multiple sclerosis: Abbreviated MS. A disease of the central nervous system (CNS) marked by numbness, weakness, loss of muscle coordination, and problems with vision, speech, and bladder control. MS is an autoimmune disease in which the body's immune system attacks myelin, a key substance that serves as a nerve insulator and helps in the transmission of nerve signals. The progress, severity and specific symptoms in MS are unpredictable. One never knows when attacks will occur, how long they will last, or how severe they will be. Most people with MS are between the ages of 20 and 40 at the time of diagnosis. The term "multiple" refers to the multiple places in the CNS that are affected and to the multiple relapses and remissions characteristic of MS.

So my mom has MS and her and I try and do the MS walk each year. This year's theme for MS is JOIN THE MOVEMENT.

Alot of the employees at the hotel have also signed up to do the walk with us, and also my friend Kacee! I Am so excited to walk this year with everyone. It means so much to me that so many people are supporting my mom and doing this to find a cure for MS. Just our group of people walking with us, we have already made $150.00 just from the money that we have donated
ourselves! That is awesome! The First walk that I did was a very humbeling experience. I saw alot of people that have MS that are no longer able to walk, and they were in wheelchairs. Some were not even able to function at all. So it was very humbling for me to see that, and I feel so lucky that my mom is still able to walk and be in the condition she is with her MS.



As I get older I understand MS more and more and how lucky that she is where shes at with it. I don't know how she does it. If you didn't know she had MS you would never know. She always has it together, and is the most bubbly and energetic person I know. Even on the off days when she has her shots and you know she does not feel good you never hear her say anything about it. Go mom Go.

Anyway, the point of this post is to make people aware of this. By people I mean my bloggy friends and my blog stalkers. If you would like to donate to find a cure for MS you can contact me at holli.ridley@yahoo.com or just leave me a comment. To all my blog stalkers I know your out there and I don't mind that you stalk my blog its okay =) so don't be scared to contact me. In addition, if you would like to get more information on this you can go to http://www.curemsutah.org/


I am so excited to be apart of this. Knowing that I am not only helping a good cause but it is going to help my mom as well. Thank you to all of you who have donated and are walking this year. It means so much to me and deffinitly my mom!! I hope that I can do this each year and when it comes to the point where my mom is in a wheelchair she will have it pimped out and rolling along the side of me! ( You think I might be kidding but I'm not..she will have a wheelchair with flags horns and streamers =)

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Thank you for the shout out HOBO! L.L.s.

Brady and Madi said...

I would do this MS Walk...but, it would kind of be like the MS Waddle for me. I feel like a friggen penguin these days.

Jeff and Darlene said...

We are going private with our blog and I was hoping to get your email address, of course that is if you want to.
You can email it to me at darlenetaylor07@gmail.com