Monday, November 19, 2012

What fibro means to me

There is a contest going on for fibromyalgia awareness where people turn in photos of them or one they have taken describing what Fibromyalgia means to them. Now I am not doing this contest but I found some pictures of how I would describe what fibromyalgia means to me.

This is a picture of my sister Meagen and I. She doesnt have fibromyalgia but at the time she had a dislocated ( in her sleep! ) and was feeling pretty crappy. This was right before I was admitted to the hospital for Renal Failure. So I had that plus fibro on top of it sooo I to was feeling pretty crappy. So you ask what this has to do with fibromyalgia? Well, if you look at it and see the look on both our faces you can just tell how awful we felt and how desperatly lonely, and tired, wanting to give up, and just needing someone to be there with me I felt. Fibromyalgia can be a dark and lonely place. You feel as though people dont understand and you feel like you dont even know who you are anymore. Just having my sister there to lean on just gave me a feeling of comfort and support that I needed at that time. Everyone who is fighting the fibro fight needs that. Sometimes nothing else can help calm yourself and feel peace then just having someone there for you. People who have fibromyalgia and have pictures of themselves you can always tell if they are having a good day or a bad day and sometimes they try and put on a smile becuase you want to just keep telling yourself you're ok or just to hide how you truly are feeling. I am obviously not trying to hide anything in this picture. You can see the fear, the sadness, the pain and overall sickness. Becuase there are times where you feel nothing else but that.

But there are those days where you have a smile on your face becuase you want to remember how you felt good that day. Fibromyalgia doesnt have to be a negative thing all the time. We all have good days and a bad days and on the bad days you just have to remember that this too shall pass. You will have good days, and when you do remind yourself that you're okay. You can still feel like a normal person even if it is just for a day of half a day or half an hour. Appreciate the good days. Positive things can come from fibrmyalgia. This is a picture of my friend Rachelle and I. We both have fibromyalgia and that is how we connected. Ever since we met we have become good friends and we support and love eachother. That is very important to have and if it was for fibromyalgia I never would have met her or other people who are very important in my life and have helped and supported me threw a lot of stuff! I know sometimes its hard to stay positive trust me I get it. And its impossible to feel positive every day and no one expects you too expecially if you have a disease like fibro that puts you in chronic pain all the time but negativty can be a toxic thing. Try and find your positive that has come from fibromyalgia.

Remember that if you are reading this and you have Facebook to please like Rachelle and I's page. We really want to bring awareness about fibromyalgia and have a place of support and hope that fibro patients can go to. Thanks for reading and remember there is hope! The Facebook page is called Misses and Ms. Diagnosed

No comments: