Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Wednesdays


4:20 am First Alarm Goes Off - Wake up Take 1 Methadone so that when its time for me to get out of bed I can function.

5:10-am Alarm Goes off  ... I snooze for 10 More Minutes

5:30- Snooze Again

( A normal healthy person usually has to plan for atleast 5 minutes to get up and pee...But since I cant pee I get to enjoy that extra 5 minutes in bed!... Ahh the perks of Renal Failure.)

5:30am- 6:30am I get ready to go work. BOOO No one likes getting ready to have to go to work so I won't post a picture of that.

Drive to work....



7:00am My shift at work starts.






Some days are better then others at work. Most days I have to sit in a chair at the desk all day becuase I just can't be on my feet for 8 hours straight.. ( yeah the front desk doesnt get a lunch break or anything )  I am just greatful that my job works with me and understands my health issues and the days I can't come in they always understand. Its a huge blessing.
While I work I slap a smile on my face even though some days that is the last thing on earth I wane to but... it must be done... From 7am to 3pm I  take reservations, check people in and out, do my supervisor duties, take all phone calls, blah blah blah. I do the same thing litteraly every. single. day. It all just turns into a blur becuase when you have a job like mine... nothing changes, nothing exciting happends.





 One thing I have learned to do at the hotel is just to come in do your job and leave. Dont get cought up in the gossip and bull shit that every place of employment has. I always talk about the bad things about my job but there are things that I really love. I have met so many amazing people that have stays here and I still keep in touch with.  My friends Lyn and Niel from Australia are such sweet and amazing people! In fact Niel came over to my house for Sunday Dinner with my family last week. For my birthday a few years ago they gave me this amazing pink stone its so beautiful its now placed in a ring and I love it I wear it all the time! I wish I had a picture!

I wont go into all my favorite guests or the celebrities that I have met while working here but there are things about this job that I do like. I love meeting guests from all over the world and getting to know them. I love making guests feel like home while they are here.

At 3:00 pm I hurry home and get the hell out of my discusting uniform that I have to wear, change into something cute... the cute clothes that still fit anyway.. and  drive down to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center


Every Wednesday I go to the hospital to IV Therapy and have my picc line dressing changed.


 I wish I had pictures of all the nurses there! They are all so sweet and treat me so good! And they make my picc line dressings all pretty and clean! And if you had a picc line in your arm for 7 months now, you will agree with me that there is nothing more annoying then having dirty bandages that is covering the picc line. 
See how pretty and clean? See how my skin is blistering from having all of that on my arm for going on 8 months now.

After the hospital I head home.. and as pathetic as it is when I get home I get into bed and cuddle with Tonka. He is always waiting for me when I get home!

Usually when people get home from work and everything they come home and eat dinner. But Meagen and I don't believe in going food shopping so we never have food to make for dinner. . .



Its still a mystery to me how we never have any food to eat in our apartment but I am still a freaking chubkins.


Once I am in bed for the night I usually watch a TV series on DVD.. Right now I am watching 24



For the longest time I refused to watch this show becuase I thought it was so stupid for people to believe that an entire Season of this show and everything that happends all happends in one day.. Uh.. Yeah I don't think so.

But then I really needed something new to watch so I gave in and started it... Its really good I like it. Well... I really liked the first season and I am now in the 2nd season.. I am kind of bored with it but Meagen says that the 3rd season is Uh Mazing so I gotta keep watching!... And Jack Bauer... What a hot piece of Eye Candy. I mean Seriously! And he can like... Shoot people. Thats Hot.

By the end of my day I am so tired and just beat that I usually am asleep by like 9pm... ( I know pathetic right?) But I can't help it.

And my day ends by 9:00pm and I am sound asleep and once I am asleep there is no waking me. Just ask Meagen.



Time for Lights Out!

A Wednesday in the life of Holli

Whats a day in your life like?


2 comments:

Niesha said...

Mine is pretty much the same...but I watch Modern Family, then go to bed. Love you!

C.J. said...

My typical day is pretty boring! If I'm going in to work that day (I work about half the time from home, half from my office), I get up at 6, do housework for an hour (my house spontaneously generates mess), go in to work, come home far too late, and make dinner. On days like today, I generally end up doing housework all day, then feel guilty about how little *real* work I get done!