Friday, June 11, 2010

Hope For Holli Update

HOPEFORHOLLI.BLOGSPOT.COM



About a year ago my amazing friend McKenna created a website and foundation called Hope For Holli (Yes, thats me!)

She made it to help get my story out about my health that has just continued to get worse and worse expecially this last year. Last April I went into renal failure becuase the nerves around my kidney and bladder stopped working. I ended up finding out that I needed a surgery to have a unit called an interstem unit placed in my hip to keep my kidneys and everything running.

My insurance will not cover it.

The unit alone is $40,000.

So McKenna was so nice to make this website for me and to help raise money for my surgery. I was so amazed by this and I have never felt the kind of love I felt when she showed me this. I could not believe it! She is such an amazing person and I can not thank her enough for doing this!

A few weeks after the website was put up my friend Bethany decided that she was going to help out in another way too!! She worked at a hair salon and she put out this super cute jar that had my story on it. She recently moved out of the State but before she left she came over and brought me the money people had donated! I was so amazed!! It was seriously such a blessing all the money she gave me was put towards buying my monthly medicine! It could not have been given to me at a better time. I never thought that I would be one of those people that has my face and story on a can or jar or whatever around the city but I am! I could not believe how much money she had collected! I was so greatful!

I just want to thank McKenna again for creating this foundation for me I love you so much and am so greatful for everything you have done for me and to have such a kind person like you in my life!

And thank you Bethany as well for doing that! I just feel so greatful to have such an amazing friend who would do this for me! ( And Ps... Lets give a congrats to Bethany for getting engaged recently!!!)

Everyone should have friends like these girls they are so amazing and I hope they know how much I appreciate what they have done for me and how much all their prayers, love, support, the money they have collected everything has ment to me and has helped me so much!!! Thank you sooo much girls! I love you!!!




1 comment:

McKenna said...

Oh, deary. That was sweet. I still wish that there was more that I could do. There is so much potential in the foundation I need to get my butt into gear and figure out how what I need to do to get paypall to work again.