Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Meet Ricky

In December my car died. It was really tragic death. I saw it coming but it was still hard to pull the plug on it. After putting thousands of dollars into the past few years and for it to just... die. Agian ... Just tragic. It was such a good little car to me. I learned to drive in it I took my drivers test in it when I took it threw the DMV becuase my dill hole of a drivers ed teacher failed me. That car has been with me for a long time. The "Shark" has been with me for a long time. I gave it a proper goodbye. And by proper goodbye I mean I put it up on Craigstlist for $400.00 dollars. Bye bye Green car :(





But now I have a new set of wheels!






Meet RICKY!






Why Ricky you ask? Well Let me tell you. Meagen's red JEEP is named Lucy. My new car is red and so now there is Lucy and Ricky! (If your dumb and still don't get it its from I LOVE LUCY)


I have been without a car since December and have been waiting for my tax return to buy a new one. (I am getting around $1600.00 back! Wooo!) Anyway, my neighbors who I love so much and are like my second family. Their son was buying a new car and they had told my parents that they were going to try and sell it for about $500.00 dollars. I went over to look at it but I could not test drive it becuase the clutch had gone out on it. So the next day in church ( I know what your thinking.. She went to church. Crazy...) They came up to me and said that they needed to talk to me about something. They said that they just wanted to GIVE ME THEIR CAR.




Uh.. Say what?!




I felt kind of bad becuase I started laughing a little and said " Why would you just GIVE me a car?" and they said " Becuase we love you so much, and we are rooting for you and we know that you could use that money to pay off some of your debt and we know that you have been without a car for a while, and having your own car is a sence of freedom for you and we feel so good about this and we know this is what we are suppose to be doing with it and we really want you to have it."




CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?




I begged them to atleast let them allow me to pay to have a new clutch put it in and they said no way!




They put a brand new clutch in it and did so much more work on and detailed it and made it look so pretty for me and I signed the title for it last night and they even went down to the DMV for me and bought the plates and everything for it for me.




AGIAN...CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?




I couldn't believe that they wanted to do this for me. This family has done SO MUCH for me already. I can't even tell you how many times they have come to the ER at 4 in the morning to give me a blessing, or sat in the hospital with me while my family is at work, and brought me goodies when I am sick or sad they are such an amazing family. They told me they didn't want me to feel guilty about accepting this car from them becuase its not from them its a gift from Heavenly Father.




How sweet is that?




So I got to drive it today and its so nice. Driving a stick that has a brand new clutch in it is amazing. So much easier then my moms car!. So everyone welcome Ricky into my life






WELCOME RICKY!



2 comments:

Meagen Ridley said...

LUCY! I'M HOOOOOME!

Brady and Madi said...

I totally looove it Holli. Love it. Lucy and Ricky! And they are both RED! It is perfect. The Montero is named Alice :)